Tuesday, November 21, 2006

U-rah-rah -- Bleh

Over at my favorite political messageboard, Democratic Underground, I occasionally see posts for some candidate or potential candidate that does little more than cheerlead. Clark's the one! We need Gore! Hillary's right! (she certainly is, but I digress).

I've been toying with the idea of starting a thread over there with the heading "Kerry's the one! Woo hoo!" with the body of the message starting out "Annoying, isn't it" followed by a pledge not to do this with my chosen candidate.

I do find them quite annoying. Tell me what your candidate is doing. Post a speech he's made. Let's have a policy discussion. But for frick's sake, don't just stand there with pompoms in your hands. I do hate the "hard sell." Don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home