Friday, November 10, 2006

I'm sort of glad I said no to the DCCC

When they called a few weeks ago, I'd already given to the Friends of John Kerry, so I said no. They seemed sort of miffed when I gave them my reason. But hey, I'm not rich. And finding out today that James Carville is grousing that we won in spite of Dean instead of because of Dean just leaves me cold.

If people like Schumer or Rahm Emanuel, who apparently can't stand Dean, knew how to win before now, then why didn't they do it? Would we have been competitive in Virgina or Montana without Dean's 50-State strategy?

We won 10 more seats than the powers that be were predicting we'd win, and Carville is upset because we didn't win MORE?! Saying that when a tsunami like this hits the country it doesn't matter who's DNC Chairman?

I can't help but think he's trying to grab credit for himself and his buddies in preparation for a Clinton run at the White House.

And to suggest that Harold Ford replace Dean just makes no sense to me. I'm frankly not impressed with the guy, esp. when he joined the Republicans in slamming John Kerry. To me, the Dems who joined in on that smear were either damned dumb, or too politically calculating for my tastes.

But anyway, I stand with Governor Dean. And I'm glad I didn't give money to the DCCC. If the New Dems can't respect the netroots, and learn to work and play better with the rest of the party, they can kiss my shiny metal butt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home