Monday, October 17, 2005

The closer we get to the election anniversary

the worse it gets. I actually cried over "Inside the Bubble" last night on CSPAN.

I keep thinking how much better things would be if only...

I don't understand why it's supposed to be some sort of insanity to want to see Kerry eventually become president. I'm frankly sick of hearing "Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result". That's binary, lefty freeper over-simplified thinking in my eyes.

I mean, think about it. Imagine you're trying something you've never done before. You fail. Do the people around you say "you've had your chance" and suggest that if given another one, you'll only do the same thing again?

When a person fails at a task, and tries again, haven't they generally learned from the failed attempt?

Is it so unrealistic to want to see Kerry try again? Sometimes I think I'd settle for a cabinet position.

I know the campaign wasn't perfect, but how can anyone say they'd have done better. They THINK they could have done better, but I'd wager most of them have never run for office. I'm not sure ranting will get you into office, and I think sometimes that's what folks want, a tough-talking ranter.

It may be wonky of me, but that rant better come with concrete action that helps in some practical way, or it doesn't mean squat. We need someone who knows his stuff. We need a man with qualifications, not someone with whom someone imagines they can drink a beer. We've seen what that brings. A president who fiddles while Rome burns.

It was my first election. Maybe I'm having trouble letting go to the fact that something I tried hard to do (elect Kerry) didn't happen, and the country is going to hell as a result. If only...

But if the Democratic Party thinks they can blame their ills on Kerry and move on without making some changes to the way they operate, they will continue to lose. It was as much the disarray of the party as the Kerry campaign that did us in.

Assuming of course he actually lost, of course, which is still up in the air. How can the Republicans be proud of an election they had to cheat, fraud and suppress their way through. How could they then have the audacity to seek the vote of minorities they just suppressed. Good GOD!

Sorry. I'm just depressed today. At the moment, I don't know what I really want, except gas prices to go down and my credit card debt to go away, which has something to do with politics, but not completely. Even so, I can't help thinking that things would be better if only...

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Exactly.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2354

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home